2023-2024 Course Catalog

Financial Aid Application Process

Students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens may apply for federal, state and institutional grants as well as federal student loans by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

  • Create an FSA ID at www.fafsa.gov. The student’s FSA ID is a username and password that serves as their electronic signature for the FAFSA.
  • Complete the application at www.fafsa.gov. Students must be sure to complete it for the 2023-2024 academic year.
  • If eligible, use the IRS Data Retrieval to import their 2021 tax information into the FAFSA.
  • By listing Normandale’s school code 007954 on the web application, the student is applying for all federal and state aid programs at Normandale.

Minnesota Residents who are undocumented may be eligible for financial aid by completing the Minnesota Dream Act Application at www.ohe.state.mn.us and including Normandale on the school listing.

In order to be assured full consideration for aid from all programs a student may be eligible for, students are encouraged to complete their financial aid application shortly after the October 1st start date. Some funds are awarded on a first-come, first eligible basis. The deadline to apply for the Minnesota State Grant program is 30 days after the start of the term.

After completing the FAFSA or the MN Dream Act application, the student should be certain to respond to all communication from the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office immediately. Until all requested documentation is received, the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office cannot determine eligibility for aid. A complete financial aid file will generally include academic transcripts from all previously attended colleges.

A student may be required to provide:

  • Verification Worksheets (verifying household size, number in college, income, child support paid or other requested items).
  • A 2021 IRS tax transcript, spouse’s tax transcript (if applicable) and parents’ (if applicable) 2020 IRS tax transcripts. For non-tax filers, W-2s from all jobs worked and verification of non-tax filing status may be required.
  • Verification of veteran’s benefits for the current year.
  • A copy of an Alien Registration Card or I-94, if requested.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship status, if requested.
  • A copy of a Social Security card, if requested.
  • Any other forms which may be requested by the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.